Here it is, folks. The official announcement of the Kapgar Photo Scavenger Hunt (May 2010 edition)!
It's pretty simple:
- Each Sunday throughout the month of May 2010, I will post a lyric from three songs on this blog. And you, as a participant, must interpret the lyric as you see fit and take a picture you feel represents your interpretation.
- When you have taken a photo, you should post it to your own blog or image hosting account.
- Please place a link to your post in the comments of that week's contest announcement. That way, we have a single place where everyone can go look for all the entries.
- Please also link to this main contest post in your own entry post.
The link is "http://bit.ly/kapgarpix". Please note the new URL... http://bit.ly/kapgarhunt.
- You have until the next three lyrics are announced at 12:01 a.m. on each Sunday to take and post your responses.
As you all know, "interpret" is a very subjective term and that is done intentionally. I'm not going to be judging the entries or your interpretation of the lyrics. It is solely up to you to come up with what you feel to be an appropriate interpretation and take a similarly appropriate photo. You can focus on the whole lyric or just a specific part of it. But, it might not hurt to explain how your photo works with the lyric.
I basically want to give you the chance to use your imagination and come up with a creative way to look at the song lyrics I provide. So be creative. Have fun.
By the way, if you're taking part in this challenge and have a Flickr account, share your pics in the Flickr Pool.
Here are the links to each week's lyrical challenges. Check back each Sunday for a new link as this post will remain pinned at the top of my blog throughout May.
- Week 1: Sunday, May 2, 2010
- Week 2: Sunday, May 9, 2010
- Week 3: Sunday, May 16, 2010
- Week 4: Sunday, May 23, 2010
Sorry, no Week 5 since there will only be two days left. Gotta get your fill during the full weeks of the month.