You all may be a little disappointed by what you're about to read. Today was going to be my Year-End Best-Of (YEBO) Movies list. I went through the list of 2013 movie releases on Wikipedia and discovered something rather disconcerting...
We've only seen 16.5 movies that came out in 2013 (the 0.5 goes to Emperor of which I've seen half and have yet to rent the DVD to finish it, but I like what I've seen). Actually, Katie has probably seen less as there are one or two I've seen without her. Oh, and I'm watching #17.5 (Elysium) as I type this.
How pathetic is that?
Last year, which was also pretty pathetic, I came up with the pseudo-creative idea of giving awards to movies, instead. I'm not feeling nearly creative enough to do that and the vast majority of movies I've seen cannot possibly populate a best-of movie list. So I'm just going to give schoolhouse ratings to the movies I've seen. I hope that's okay.
- Captain Phillips (theater) - A-
- Despicable Me 2 (theater) - B
- Elysium (DVD) - I'll let you know, but positive so far.
- Emperor (cruise ship) - I only saw half of it, so far, but am really liking it. Gotta get that from the library and finish it.
- 42 (DVD) - B+
- The Heat (theater) - B-
- Identity Thief (DVD) - C
- The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (DVD) - C+
- Iron Man 3 (theater) - A-
- Man of Steel (theater) - C+
- Now You See Me (DVD) - C-
- Olympus Has Fallen (DVD) - B-
- Oz: The Great and Powerful (DVD) - B
- Pacific Rim (theater) - B+
- RED 2 (DVD) - C+
- Safe Haven (theater & cruise ship) - C+
- Turbo (DVD) - A-
- White House Down (DVD) - C
I don't think I missed anything. Any 2013 film releases you'd recommend?