How many places was this taken from? Let's see... Dave, Karl, Jax, Brandon, Nicole, Bec, SJ. Anyone else? If I saw this on your site and forgot to give appropriate credit, I apologize. But this meme is making the rounds like wildfire.
A Meme for Adults
1. What's in the glove box of your car?
Nothing particularly interesting... paperwork for the car, an old portable AM/FM radio, a cellphone case, paper, pen, toothpicks. Told ya it was nothing special.
2. Favorite classes in college (or high school):
Western Civilization from 1850 to Present (taught by a Marxist) and Southeast Asian Cultures. Fun times in both.
3. Shampoo brand:
Neutrogena T-Gel, I think. Katie picked it up for me, I just use the stuff.
4. Favorite piece of furniture you own:
Our armchair... you just sink into it.
5. Idea of a really good first date:
One that results in a second date. That is always a good thing.
6. Favorite fruit:
7. Pick a passage from a favorite book:
I don't remember passages from books, just books that I like and I'll take this opportunity to plug Paul Davidson's The Lost Blogs, particularly the entry by Albert Einstein. All you fellow bloggers will love this one.
8. What would you eat for dinner if it were your last night on Earth?
- Local: Anything Katie makes, but I do love her pasta sauce.
- State: Eduardo's in DeKalb.
- National: The Beach House in Kauai, HI.
- International: Ummm... couldn't really tell ya.
9. Free will or destiny?
I'd like to think we all operate completely on free will, but I tend to think some things are predetermined. What those things are for me remains to be seen.
10. What would you sing at karaoke?
Anything where I keep my mouth shut. You'll thank me.
11. Sweater or Sweatshirt?
I own many of each, but am far more comfortable in sweatshirts. Particularly my fave hoodie.
12. Paris, NYC, Tokyo, or Rio de Janeiro?
Tokyo because I've always wanted to go to Japan and I've already been to NYC.
13. What do you wear to bed usually?
Pajama pants and not much else. Sorry if you lost your lunch on that one.
14. If you dyed your hair, what color would you dye it?
Whatever color makes it look like I have hair.
15. If you went back to school, what would you study?
Political science and history. Not sure why. Actually, check that, journalism.
16. Gum or mints?
Depends on my mood.
17. Recurring nightmares?
I've had variants of that NYC 9/11 one a few times now.
18. Age and location of first kiss?
13 and on the stairs in the house of the girl I was "dating."
19. Describe your favorite pair of shoes:
Skecher Critics, simply the most comfortable pair of shoes I own and I'm fortunate enough to be able to wear them to work. I've owned two pairs thus far.
20. What movie/TV character do you feel like you relate to most?
George on Grey's Anatomy. I feel his pain.
21. First CD purchase:
Oh, first CD purchase; reading this on other blogs, I thought it was "first album purchased" in which case it would be either a Weird Al or Beach Boys album. First CD? The Black Crowes Shake Your Moneymaker.
22. First concert:
Kenny Rogers and Crystal Gayle in Lexington, KY. First one I chose out on my own would be Motley Crue/Warrant in Chicago.
23. Do you like camping?
Yep. But it's been years since I've done it. I'm an Eagle Scout. No, really, I am.
24. If you were doomed to be mauled to death by an animal, what animal would you prefer that to be?
Hammerhead shark. The implication being that at least I was doing something enjoyable (SCUBA diving) when I died and how cool a story would it be if I was killed by a Hammerhead? Most death-by-sharking stories are of Great Whites and Tiger or Nurse sharks, not Hammerheads. And he's also a Star Wars character... double bonus!
25. Do you/would you own a gun?
I do not, but would if Katie would allow it. She's not much into owning guns and I respect that. But my Dad is a gun collector and he's got one or two in his collection that I've fired during my life (at firing ranges) that I'm quite fond of.
26. What religion would you like to know more about:
Buddhism. I know nothing about it.
27. Favourite food as a kid:
Macaroni and cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches. I would've been a good native Wisconsinite.
28. How many languages do you speak?
Fluently - one (English); partially - one (Spanish); peripherally - three (Portuguese, French, Italian)
29. If you were a natural disaster, would you be a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake?
Hurricane... I've lived through one and it wasn't all that. Tornado... a few minutes and it's over and its span of destruction is limited. Earthquake... that's where the fun is! A big trembler that spreads out over hundreds of miles and has a bunch of aftershocks and can cause complementary disasters like tsunamis? Heck yeah!
30. If you could make one state in the U.S. just go away, which state would that be?
The worst two years of my life were spent in Connecticut. Not very fond of that state. It can go bye bye.
31. How many prescriptions do you take?
Regularly? None. Semi-regularly? One, for my allergies.
32. Lake or ocean?
Ocean. Much more majestic and beautiful and terrifying and mystifying.
33. What is the worst lie you've ever told to get out of work, (and
don't say you've never lied to get out of work, because that, my friend,
is a lie and you know it)?
I don't know. Honestly. I may have in the past, but that's why it's "the past." I don't bother to remember it.
34. Do you carry a backpack, a satchel or "man bag", tote bag, brief case, or a backpack on wheels?
Messenger bag. Is that a "man bag"?
35. Have you ever been arrested/cited for anything other than traffic violations?
Yep, no details forthcoming.
36. Would you ever move for/with a significant other?
We did. To where we are now. Not a big move, but a move all the same.
37. What was the weirdest thing you had to dissect for biology?
Not that we had to, but we dissected the pig's brain after finishing what we were supposed to do. We gave it a full lobotomy. And it was very pretty work, too.
38. Would you ever consider spending some time at a nudist colony?
Only if I was trying to clear the place out.
39. Best thing you can cook?
Apparently, I make great pancakes and French toast.
40. If you were going to donate 1000 dollars to a charity, what would that be?
Cancer or AIDS research. Not sure about which actual charitable organization it would be. I'd have to research that one a bit.
Take it for your blog if you are so inclined.