First, an apology. I'm not sure if this will actually affect you or not, but if you've had an influx of posts showing up in your RSS aggregator from me lately, I'm sorry.
I've been cleaning up old posts by recategorizing them. I've noticed that my old category system is not working well. I'm not able to find a bunch of the posts I need to find for the sake of linking in more current posts just because I have no idea how I would have categorized a certain topic. What makes sense as a category now, clearly didn't make sense when I first wrote it. Now I can't find jack on my site. It's just become such a pain in the butt.
And, to add a little salt to the wound, the Technorati search box really doesn't work worth a crap. Anyone else notice that? It's free, but it doesn't do so well. I think that may be going bye bye very soon. I'll keep the profile link, but to the search box, I shall bid adieu.
So everything's being recategorized. And I'm proud of the job I've done so far. Going back to my 2005 posts, I've pared down 21 different categories to just nine. That will make life so much easier. And when my 2005 posts are done, I'll start weed-whacking the '06 stuff.
I'm just tired of all the confusion I've been having finding old stuff here at Kapgar.com. And if I'm having problems, that means that someone else out there is likely having trouble as well.
I'm doing some more cosmetic work around here as well in anticipation of my first blogiversary (sorry, no cool prizes like at Dave's place). I will do a little tweaking of my template and colors a la Secondhand Tryptophan and I'm also in the process of developing a new header banner.
Okay, enough techie talk. How about a quickie meme?
This one comes from Nicole and she took it from some MySpace thingie.
The point of this meme is to perform a Google search with the phrase "[your name] needs" but replace [your name] with, well, your name... obviously. Then list the top 10 results that come back. You may have to look in the title or in the body of the results to get your answer. So here goes...
- Kevin needs your money - AMEN! PayPal it this way!
- Kevin needs your help! - see the first one.
- Kevin needs expert witnesses, research... - apparently I'm in legal trouble.
- Kevin needs sleep on Flickr - too. many. pictures.
- Kevin needs help amplifying his message - ummm... okay.
- Kevin needs sexual and emotional tension - sure, why not?
- Kevin needs Js help - whatever. This J better be damned good at what s/he does.
- Kevin needs a picture - I've got plenty; but I prefer to be behind a camera, not in front.
- Kevin needs his own fan club - AMEN! Who's starting it?
- Kevin needs to get some! - some what? I have no idea what you're talking about.
Steal if you so desire.