At the gym last night, Katie and I started assembling our to-do list for Thanksgiving. As always, we are hosting the feast for my family and it, of course, requires meticulous planning. A quick peek at our lists reveals...
Around the house...
- Clean spare bedroom/office (my brother and his fiancee are spending the night before TG with us to help with cooking)
- Clean all bathrooms
- Finish trim around front door (we replaced a piece of our door frame a few weeks ago and still haven't fixed the trim; but the door is secure)
- Clean kitchen
- Set up big table for the meal
- Hide lots of crap
Things to buy...
- Green beans
- Pie crust
- Pumpkin pie ingredients (whatever they may be)
- Flavored water
- Seagram's 7 (my dad loves his 7&7's)
Mind you, these are but a taste of each list. God only knows how much else is on there and how much more work will be needed over the next couple weeks in preparation for this event. Will the carpet we ordered be delivered and installed in time? That would require some additional prep work as well.
My God, I don't think this much planning goes on in the Pentagon War Room (I still imagine it being quite akin to Dr. Strangelove... don't ask me why, but it just doesn't seem that far off the mark).
But, despite all the work, one of the good things that comes out of this is that I get me some K.A.K.C. (Kick-Ass Katie Cooking). Katie is a fantastic cook and Thanksgiving is her time to shine for all to see. I will have to take pictures of the finished product and share with you all.
What do all you, my fair readers, have planned for the holiday?