My sinuses won't drain.
Therefore, my nose is plugged up.
Therefore, I can't properly breathe.
Therefore, my voice is rather raspy and a bit higher pitched than normal.
Yet, somehow, I manage to find a positive amidst all this feeling-bad crap... I can sing Soul Asylum songs and sound exactly like Dave Pirner!
The silver lining on this grey cloud just gets brighter and brighter, doesn't it?
Oh, and I know this meme is like a week old, but I've got one for you in the extended post.
- Elaborate on your default icon.
I tend to use a Kermit avatar when commenting on blogs and a stylized black & white shot of myself using an iSight camera at an Apple Store over on Flickr if that's what this question is referring to. I think it may need to be reworded.
- What’s your current relationship status?
Quite happily married, thank you very much.
- Ever have a near-death experience?
Flipped a car at 17... does that count?
- Name an obvious quality you have.
Writing ability? That's arguable.
- What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now?
Soul Asylum "We 3." Can't figure out why considering what I wrote above.
- Name a celebrity you would marry.
- Who will cut and paste this meme first?
I'm really not sure as this one's been out a few days already and I've lost track of everyone who has completed it. Maybe Allison will e-mail me her answers like she normally does.
- Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
At one point in time, I was told I looked like Eric "Mancow" Muller, the shock jock. Then I started losing my hair. Needless to say, he still has his.
- Do you wear a watch? What kind?
A Fossil Blue AM-3691 that Katie bought me a couple years ago.
- Do you have anything pierced?
Legitimate piercings, no. Places where varied foreign objects have wound up creating holes in my body, yes.
- Do you have any tattoos?
Yes, the Eye of Horus on my right ankle.
- Do you like pain?
Does it ultimately result in pleasure?
- Do you like to shop?
Not my first choice of leisure activities.
- What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
A soda at a training seminar yesterday. Only a quarter!
- What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Soup, sandwich, and drink at Einstein Bros Bagels a couple days ago for lunch.
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Katie. That's pretty much a default answer.
- What is on your desktop background?
Default Mac OS X background. I haven't changed to any of my photos on this computer for whatever reason.
- What is the background on your cell phone?
A funky picture of colored lights that look like polka dots that I saw at a tuxedo shop.
- What was the last movie you watched?
On DVD, Little Miss Sunshine; in theaters, Night at the Museum.
- What was the last book you read?
Finished, Ghost World by Daniel Clowes; currently, The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy.