Would you like to hear a recipe for a great New Year's weekend? Here you go...
1. A showing of Wicked at the Oriental Theatre in Chicago. This is our second time seeing this musical and it has not failed to impress us either time. It's fantastic. But, this time, we were able to introduce my brother and the FSiL to it. Both of them loved it also. If you ever have a chance, we highly recommend it.
2. An Ugly Betty marathon on ABC Family. The entire first half of the season replayed in order. How can you go wrong? That is such a fantastic show and one of our favorites of the season.
3. Watching the Bears v. Packers game despite the fact that the Bears did lose miserably. Notable comment from the game...
Me: "Do we have a quarterback we can rely on?!?!"
Katie: "May-nard! May-nard! May-nard!"
But I will say that the only way to watch football is to TiVo it and then tune in a bit later. You get to fast forward through all that insipid announcer commentary. God I hate sports announcers.
4. Tear apart a gingerbread house that miraculously survived the entire holiday season. Couldn't eat a bit of it as the gingerbread was stale out of the box, though.
5. Have some fantastic food like a homemade taco dip courtesy of Katie and a dessert of Edy's Vanilla Bean ice cream covered in rum-glazed bananas courtesy of me (using a recipe book we own, though) and chocolate sauce courtesy of Katie.
Yeah, good weekend. Check that... great weekend!
Hope your's was great as well.
Happy 2007 to all of you!