A quick note to begin... if you have not yet seen the movie Juno, go. Now. Don't pass go. Don't collect $200. Just buy your ticket at full price (it's worth it) and sit back and enjoy. It is one of the most perfect movies of the year (with only Waitress up there with it). Thoroughly enjoyable on all counts - acting, directing, writing. Go. Stop reading and go.
And now for Kapgar's Top Singles of 2007!
Bear in mind, these are songs I like and are not necessarily reflective of which songs on an album did best on the charts or radio. Oh, and I'm actually breaking this into a two-disc set... The Best of the Best and then the Second Best. I found that many.
So, once again, sit back, plug in, and enjoy!
Disc 1 (in no particular order):
- Ozzy Osbourne - "I Don't Wanna Stop"
- Foo Fighters - "The Pretender"
- The Polyphonic Spree - "Section 22: Running Away"
- Radiohead - "Bodysnatchers" (not yet available on iTunes; maybe on Tuesday)
- Joss Stone - "Headturner"
- Sara Bareilles - "Many the Miles"
- Velvet Revolver - "For a Brother"
- Paul McCartney - "Dance Tonight"
- The Nightwatchman - "The Road I Must Travel"
- The Shins - "Phantom Limb"
- Jay-Z - "Roc Boys (And the Winner Is)..." (also not available on iTunes)
Disc 2 (also in no particular order):
- Amy Winehouse - "You Know I'm No Good"
- Kings of Leon - "Camaro"
- Alice Smith - "New Religion"
- Kanye West - "Stronger"
- The Flaming Lips - "I Was Zapped by the Lucky Super Rainbow"
- Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra featuring Nino Moschella - "Kiss the Sky"
- Shiny Toy Guns - "Le Disko"
- Idlewild - "No Emotion"
- Perry Farrell's Satellite Party - "Wish Upon a Dog Star" (apparently no longer available in iTunes even though that's where I bought it)
- Explosions in the Sky - "Welcome, Ghosts"
- Andrew Bird - "Heretics"
That's a lot of music in the last few days. Hope you have some free time.