Since we're hanging out with some friends tonight for a wine and cheese night starting at about 6 p.m., we decided we were going to spend most of this morning and afternoon working on homework, projects, cleaning, etc. In fact, our checklist for today looked something like this:
- Wake up early
- Go to gym
- Read texts for classes starting at noon (Katie)
- Work on various Web-related projects starting at noon (Kevin)
- Finish spot work on walls when I need a break from the computer (Kevin)
- Shower and leave at about 5:30 or so
Here is the reality of the situation:
- We actually woke up about 10 a.m.
- We watched Psych, Ugly Betty, and two episodes of Friday Night Lights off our DVR while eating breakfast
- Katie started reading at about 2 p.m.
- I cleaned up the kitchen at about 2 p.m.
- I began my Web work at about 3 p.m.
- I never once touched the walls
- We're leaving for the gym at 4 p.m. (that's in 20 minutes)
- We'll shower there when we're done
- We'll leave to go to our friends' house about when we planned
It shocks me sometimes how poor a motivator a checklist can be.
I guess I'd better get ready for the gym. But I have no motivation. Go figure.