I have a question for you, why, in the modern age of information "acquisition" via the Web, would anyone want to be a celebrity of any kind?
Five days ago, I'd venture a guess that 90-95% of Americans had never heard of Sarah Palin, the two-year governor of our northernmost and largest state, Alaska. This would qualify her as pretty much a "nobody," wouldn't you say?
Now, ever since she was chosen as John McCain's running mate on the Republican ticket, we likely know more about her than she does. Let's recap what we've learned, shall we? I do not vouch for the accuracy of these statements; they are just what I've heard. And I also leave it up to you to decide if they are good or bad; I'm not passing judgment in my recapping of them.
- She's a MILF
- She's a former beauty pageant contestant
- She's a hunter
- She's a supporter of the NRA
- She can certainly handle an assault rifle and look good doing it
- She has interesting taste in clothing from time to time
- She's married to an Eskimo
- She has five children
- Her eldest son is shipping out to Iraq
- Her youngest daughter has Down's syndrome
- Her youngest daughter may actually be the daughter of her eldest daughter
- Her eldest daughter is pregnant and it may or may not be her second child
- She's embroiled in "Troopergate" which involved her brother in law (I think), abuse at the barrel of his gun, pressure applied to have him fired, and the ousting from office of the guy who refused to fire him (sound correct?)
The Modern Muckraking Machine (tm) is clearly set on lethally efficient, isn't it? I mean DAYAMN! I've seen people in the limelight torn asunder, but never this quickly.
No, this does not mean she's getting some sort of sympathy vote from me come November. She is a Republican, after all, and I think that means she's born with slightly thicker skin than many. But it doesn't mean I feel any less badly for her.
Totally Unrelated Aside (TUA): Oh if only you could've been a fly on the wall for Katie's and my games of Uno last night. You would've been privy to such gems as:
- Kiss my ass
- I hate you
- Can I just win one fucking game?
- I'd like to be able to say "Uno" just once, dammit
- Someone doesn't want sex ever again
Yeah, "fun for the entire family," my ass.