CHICAGOLAND, IL -- A filtration system broke down at 9:30 Friday morning at Li'l Swimmers Pool spilling chlorine into the pool area with swimmers present.
Six children and three adults were immediately treated by first responders and transported to area hospitals after exposure to the over-chlorinated pools. All victims complained of nausea and headaches which lead pool administrators to investigate and discover the leak.
The equipment breach is attributed to faulty equipment and all facilities were shut down until the equipment is up to code and safety inspections are passed.
All victims were released shortly after admittance to hospitals.
Other area pools reported a quick spike in visits and new memberships.