Seriously, how long has it been since I've done a meme? Like wayyyyyyyyyy too long.
I was tagged by a Facebook friend named Blaine to do this. Don't worry, I told him I'd do it on my blog instead of on the Bookface.
Rules of the Game: Copy this and post as your
status updateblog post but delete my list. List 12 albums in no particular order that made a lasting impression on you, but only one (1) per band/artist. Don't take long and don't think hard. Tag 12 friends to do the same, including me, so I can see what you listed. No compilations.
- Run D.M.C. - Raising Hell - my introduction to hip-hop and rap.
- Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet - the first time I was politicized by music.
- Michael Jackson - Thriller - probably one of the first pop albums I ever listened to.
- U2 - War - nothing U2 can do will ever beat their early albums.
- Alice in Chains - Dirt - my discovery that there is music beyond hair metal.
- Urge Overkill - Saturation - I can't even begin to explain how much I love this album.
- Bruce Springsteen - 1984 - one of the first pop albums I ever owned.
- Prince - 1999 - need I say anything at all?
- Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes - introduced by a girl I was friends with. Really opened up my world.
- David Bowie - Hunky Dory - "Life on Mars?" is still my favorite Bowie track ever.
- Van Halen - OU812 - I can't count the number of hours spent listening to this and trying to play Eddie's riffs on guitar. It didn't work out so well.
- Living Colour - Vivid - Wow. Just wow. And it holds up incredibly well for 28 years old. I still listen to this eclectic mix of rock, metal, and funk on a regular basis.
I'm a rule breaker. I don't tag people. So do it on your blog if you're so inclined or just let me know in a comment what you would choose.