Happy New Year, y’all! Let’s give 2018 a firm boot in the ass, shall we?
1. Blog Play: I added Google Custom Search to my blog and you can see it in the right column (full size) or at the bottom (mobile). The search is far more accurate but there is a formatting issue on mobile I didn’t find until just last week. That will probably be my first fix of 2019.
3. Music Play: While, admittedly, most of my music listening has been to 2018 releases to get set up for my Kevin’s 7: Music list, I did try to listen to something new-ish. That was The Claypool Lennon Delirium.
As individual artists, I’m familiar with both Les Claypool and Sean Ono Lennon; as a supergroup, they’re new to me. This particular track — “Easily Charmed by Fools — made my Kevin’s 7 Singles list, it’s that good.
4. Camera Play: Macro Monday is still going.
5. Book Play: Another slow month, but, hey, stuff happens. I only added three new books and, since Goodreads reset their challenge for 2019, I have no cool screen capture to share. So I wrapped up having read 56 books toward my goal of 24 books. Those three are Noah Hawley’s Before the Fall, Nick Spencer’s The Fix vol 1, and Michael Crichton’s Dragon Teeth.
Here’s what I’m currently reading (I could still nab this cap):
6. Comic Play: 1 graphic novel read; 38 total for the year.
7. Update Play: Here it is.
That brings an end to 2018.