Happy spring, y’all. I heard that Chicago had its seventh least snowy March in recorded history! Typically we get 5.6” and we only had 0.3”. Celebrate good times, c’mon! Let’s see how my goals matched up to previous expectations.
1. Blog Play: I tweaked some default settings but otherwise nada. I may try a little spring cleaning with a new responsive design soon. It’s been four years since I redesigned. We shall see.
2. Video Play: A very last-second GrannyJumpscare opinion poll video. Weak, yes. But done. By “last-second,” I mean 11:57 p.m. on the 31st.
3. Music Play: I decided to check out a group called Death Grips that I discovered on Reddit. I opted for their most recent album Year of the Snitch although I tracked a couple other albums as well.
After one of the Grips albums finished, the Spotify play queue that followed played a track by JPEGMAFIA. As I was familiar with his name because he is going to be at Pitchfork this year, I clicked through to his latest album Veteran.
All good stuff.
4. Camera Play: #MiniMusicMonday is going strong.
5. Word Play: A mere 40 pages away from finishing the physical book aspect of my goal. I would’ve had it done on the 31st, but I got wayyyyy into season 3 of Santa Clarita Diet. I wound up finishing the book today. Otherwise, my goal was hit.
Tattooist and Becoming are audiobooks while Jughead and Doctor Star are graphic novels.
BTW, I am 14 books deep toward my 48 book goal.
6. Update Play: You're reading it!
Please tell me you did better than I last month.