I realized something tonight as I was logging my most recent finished book into my Goodreads account, I am exactly nine reviews behind.
Lately, I’ve been trying so hard to find a reading rhythm that I haven’t necessarily been taking the time to actually write a review immediately. I’ll mark a book as done and give it a star rating, but I’ve otherwise been letting them simmer a bit before I write the actual review.
And now that simmering is running out of space on my mental stovetop.
Thankfully, none of these books are so ridiculously old that I cannot remember what they were all about. The oldest is only April.
Let’s see what I have to do, eh?
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Royal City, vol. 1 by Jeff Lemire
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
- Royal City, vol. 3 by Jeff Lemire (vol. 1&3 are unreviewed but I did write up vol. 2? Weird.)
- Skyward, vol. 2 by Joe Henderson
- During the Event by Roger Wall
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
Oh, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Two of the nine unreviewed books actually have been written but are pending publication. They are William Gibson’s Alien III and Dalena Storm’s The Hungry Ghost.
I can breathe a little bit, I suppose.
Still, seven reviews kinda sucks. Time to get crack-a-lackin.